Since our initial article on the Resident Evil 8 rumors sent to us, it seems leaks keep pouring through the cracks. Not to be surprised considering the massive press our leaks received. From IGN to Newsweek, the leak went everywhere.
And now apparently, more are surfacing.
Earlier this week German gaming source, GAMEZ.DE made a video on their YouTube account about all of the recent leaks along with new information they had received from an unnamed source.
The video contains a pretty fair amount of shoutout to us and compares our rumors to those of Dusk Golem on Twitter. The video is in German but has been updated with English subtitles.
Luckily if you’re wanting the quick version in English, our friend ChaoticClaire on Twitter has you covered!
In a now-deleted series of Tweets, ChaoticClaire breaks down the information provided in the video with these bullet points:
- the rumor that the game had been scrapped and development started over (several times) is wrong
- discussions about the logo design and if the game has an “8” in the title are useless at this point since things can still change a lot
- release is maybe in 1.5 – 2 years
- castle, but it’s smaller than the one from RE4
- medieval setting and enemy designs
- one or more witches will be hunting Ethan
- even though it sounds like the Hookman from 3.5, it’s something new
- zombies are wearing knight armor & wield swords
- more action-heavy than 7, closer to Not a Hero gameplay-wise
- director has been with Capcom for a while & didn’t change/leave (correction from the previous post)
- the director was previously a behind the scenes executive producer who directed one game
- Chris returns, but with a twist!
ChaoticClaire had previously mentioned on Twitter that previous information she’d provided might be out of date, so this followup was meant to add to that.
The end of the video shows “Chris” shooting “Ethan”. Now I’m personally intrigued by this because I’d previously speculated about Chris returning as a “bad” guy. Could this possibly be a big plot point Resident Evil 8?
Though it looks like it might be another year or two before we get any definitive answers on this unless the testing in March is for RE8 and if so, information comes forward.
Until then, we have Resident Evil 3 dropping on April 3rd to look forward to!
Resident Evil Resistance Adds Jill Valentine April 17th
New date for Jill and Resistance DLC
Escape Raccoon City in Resident Evil 3, Available Worldwide Today [Press Release]
SAN FRANCISCO – April 3, 2020 – Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced the...
Interview with Benson Mokhtar, Model for Carlos Oliveria in Resident Evil 3
Our sit down with Carlos Oliveria's RE3 model.
Unbreakable Knives Return in Resident Evil 3
Now this is a knife
Summerford: Torchbearer of the Silent Hill Legacy
A whole village abandoned overnight? Let's go!
Creator of the Konami Code Passes Away at 61
Invader Announces Daymare Collector’s Edition
Invader has taken Daymare: 1998 one step further: they've announced a Collector' Edition.
Capcom Cafe to Sell Special Jill Sandwiches
You were almost eating a Jill Sandwich!
Capcom Confirms Resident Evil 4 Remake for 2022
So straight on to 4 then?
Resident Evil Resistance Now Downloadable on Steam and PS4
Jill Faces Off With Nemesis in New Trailer
With fewer and fewer days between us and the release of Resident Evil 3, it’s getting harder and harder to...